IF anyone saw a C2C cyclist shoot over his handlebars on the seafront at Roker, Sunderland, at the weekend, and felt a momentary pang of concern as he landed with a howl and his bike on top of him ??? don???t worry. I was merely establishing a new tradition. CLICK HERE FOR FEET FIRST and tips on riding the C2C on a road bike with narrow tyres.
- BECAUSE THEY'RE THERE is about climbing mountains ??? nothing else. Well, actually, there are one or two other things. But it's mostly about climbing mountains. And fish and chips. And politics. And doing a bit of fell running. And wondering where the hell your life's gone ??? and where it might be going next. And cooking kippers in a wet tent. And people you bump into who do similar things. Actually, that last one doesn't happen very often . . .
Top Posts & Pages
- Humber. Southeasterly Four. Moderate or Good. Rain later.
- In Between One England and Another
- Green Hurth: Where the Big Wheel Turns
- The Environment is Positively Charged
- Days Like This, No 10: Peaking on the Three Peaks
- Black Combe ??? On the Edge of a Circle
- Days Like These, No 9: Clearing the Mind on the Cluanie Ridge
- What Does Adventure Mean to You?
- Lindisfarne ??? A Pilgrim’s Progress
- Days Like This, No 8: The Five Sisters of Kintail
- Cross Fell ??? Fiends, Rivers, Paths and Poets
- Old Roads, a Fallen Lady, St Jude and Thoughts for the Day
- Scaud Hill and Beyond ??? At My Leisure
- Days Like This, No 7: On a Ridge Above Glen Shiel
- Days Like This, No 6: Ciste Dhubh ??? a Highland Jewel
TagsAntrim Brecon Beacons Cairngorms Cape Wrath Trail Cleveland Hills Cumbria general francisco franco Howgill Fells Ireland Lake District London Madeira Mining History Mournes Munros Norfolk Coast Path North York Moors outdoors Pennines Scotland Sierra Nevada Sierra Tejeda y Almijara Snowdonia Spain Tatra The Lakes The Munros The Pyrenees transportation Wales Wherryman's Way WPLongform
CAPE WRATH TRAIL
Copyright?? Alen McFadzean and Because They're There, 2009-2014. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog???s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Alen McFadzean and Because They're There with appropriate and specific direction to the original content