I’M sitting on my allotment in the darkness by a glowing pile of embers that were last year’s pea sticks. The night is still and cool. There are no sounds except the crackling of dying flames and the distant rumble of traffic on the A1. My wife is asleep in a canvas chair. I think we’ve had too much to drink. Soon I’ll be stoking the fire with my P45 . . . so I think it’s time to get angry. GO TO FEET FIRST TO CONTINUE.
- BECAUSE THEY'RE THERE is about climbing mountains – nothing else. Well, actually, there are one or two other things. But it's mostly about climbing mountains. And fish and chips. And politics. And doing a bit of fell running. And wondering where the hell your life's gone – and where it might be going next. And cooking kippers in a wet tent. And people you bump into who do similar things. Actually, that last one doesn't happen very often . . .
SEE MY OTHER BLOG – AWKWARD ROADS
Top Posts & Pages
- Karst Adrift
- Day’s Like This, No 24: Beinn Alligin – Horns and All
- Days Like This, No 23: Slioch – The Unseen Mountain
- In the Valley of the Toril
- The High and Mighty Mines of Lújar
- Close Encounter with Wild Boar
- Happy Valleys
- Chasing the Storm
- Autumn and Unfound Paths
- Forgive Them Their Trespasses?
- Days like This, No 22: An August Bank Holiday Secret
- A Big Adventure
- Days Like This, No 21: Eternity in Borrowdale
- Days Like This, No 20: Glimpses on Gable
- On a Whim to William Gill
TagsAlpujarra Alpujarras Antrim Brecon Beacons Cairngorms Cape Wrath Trail Cleveland Hills Cumbria general francisco franco Howgill Fells Ireland Lake District London Madeira Mining History Mournes Munros Norfolk Coast Path North York Moors outdoors Pennines Scotland Sierra Nevada Sierra Tejeda y Almijara Snowdonia Spain Tatra The Lakes The Munros The Pyrenees transportation Wales Wherryman's Way WPLongform
CAPE WRATH TRAIL
Copyright© Alen McFadzean and Because They're There, 2009-2016. Unauthorised use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this blog’s author is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Alen McFadzean and Because They're There with appropriate and specific direction to the original content